TI-1 on NEC "XEN" Phone Console.
The interface senses transitions on the console's LEDs and enables access to the following:
- Line ringing.
- Line put on hold.
- Line taken off hold.
- Line dropped (hung up).
- Line operator callback (on hold for too long).
- Dimensions 189 mm (7 1/2 in) by 134 mm (5-1/4 in) by 32 mm (1 1/4 in), excluding switches etc.
- Power pack and speaker external.
- Weight: 200 g (about 6 oz).
- Power pack: mains-operated 9 volt 500mA.
- Speech: English male. Others by arrangement. User may also record line names in their own voice.
- Warranty: 2 years parts and labour, return to dealer.
- Recording controls are microphone, recording safety lock (keyswitch), recording select button and recording start button.
- Mode control has three positions: +NAME, -NAME and TEST. +NAME says not only "Line 1", "Line 2" etc but also the user's description of the line. -NAME omits the user's description. TEST is for setting up only.
- A RESET button restarts the unit - useful if the operator forgets the board status and wants everything re-announced.
- The last control is loudspeaker volume.
In use, two consoles are slaved together. The operator uses one console (hidden in this photo) for access to buttons for picking up lines etc. The second console, with a sensor array attached to an overlay, is the annunciator.
Price: on application.
Return to Talking Interfaces Page